Thursday, February 5, 2015

Beehive Distillery Sundance Party

Last Thursday I was invited to go to Beehive Distilling's Sundance Party in Park City. Despite living in Utah for 14 years, I'd never visited Park City during the film festival. It was much, much more low key than I had imagined - party due to it being held mid-week during the tail end of the festival, partly due to my come early, leave early agenda thanks to #momlife ;)

Jenn was my hot date that evening. We don't get nearly so many marathon chatting & binge-watching Grey's sessions these days. It was great getting some bestie time to catch up during the drive up and down the canyon and in the quiet moments before other guests arrived and the band started... [who am I kidding, I'm almost positive we had left and I very well could have been back home and in bed by the time the band started. PARTYHARD.]

A handful of babes from cocktail club were there as well - I don't know that my liver, wallet, or waistline would appreciate more frequent cocktail club meetings, but once a month isn't nearly often enough to spend time with these ladies. "Mommy wars" and women tearing women down are talked about with such frequency that I think it's time we shine the spotlight on how motherhood/womanhood can be such an incredible time for women to support each other. Each new friendship I've made in recent years has opened the door more new relationships. My tribe has grown tenfold in the months since and prior to becoming a mother and I'm so grateful for this community.

I'd like to thank new friend, Amanda, for the invitation & drinks last Thursday. On top of being a mom & Heartbeat Nosh Cocktail Club member, she's a PR representative for Beehive Distillery. If you get the chance to try Beehive's gin you absolutely should. It's great finding local products to support, but it's even better when that product is the best you've had. Their Jack Rabbit Gin is amazing, but if you come across a bottle of their limited edition Barrel Reserve [it sells out... fast] you've got to pick up a bottle... and maybe one for me too, please. It's aged in charred French oak barrels and has a subtly sweet, smokey richness on top of their pop of juniper and blend of botanicals. If you're one of those monsters who thinks they hate gin & it might as well be nail polish remover, I dare you to give it a try. I like to think of Barrel Reserve as gin for a whiskey lover. [And if gin & whiskey are your befri/stends like me, all the better!♥]

Untitled Untitled Untitled

*You can learn more about my friend Chelsea's Cocktail Club here at her blog, Heartbeat Nosh, on Facebook, or on Twitter and Instagram as @noshmaven
*Find out more about Beehive Distillery at their website, Facebook, or on Instagram as @beehivedistilling

1 comment:

LLet's talk!